Is your swimming pool beginning to look old or outdated? Or perhaps you just want to kick things up a notch this season! Here at the Master Pools Guild we’d like to offer you the following considerations for remodeling or updating your favorite space!
1. Resurface for a new look. The right swimming pool finish will have a huge impact on the aesthetic quality of your pool as well as the durability of your investment. There is a long list of options in pool finishes today, and they vary in appearance, durability and budget. The right finish can truly turn an ordinary pool or spa into a work of art. From the simplicity of standard white plaster to the rainbow of multi-colored pebble finishes the choices are amazing!
2. Add A Spa. Adding a spa to your pool scape may be easier than you think. The spa does not have to be attached to the pool. Imagine ending every day with the soothing benefits of hydrotherapy.
3. Expand Your Surroundings. Now may be the right time to add one of the following:
a. Add an outdoor kitchen.
b. Add an outdoor family room with fireplace or fire pit/fire feature.
c. Adding new furniture poolside is a quick way to expand your entertaining areas – think outside the traditional pool lounge chairs and consider adding something like a seating area with sofa’s and a great center table with a fire element. You have instantly expanded your poolside entertaining area & functionality!
4. Light It Up! There are so many options for poolside lighting upgrades – Halogen and fiber optic lighting can add fun or dramatic color. Consider LED replacements too, they are long-lasting and can create an entirely new mood with little or no modification to the existing pool.
5. Think Like A Techie. New technologies in the pool and spa industry can make your life poolside even sweeter. Consider adding any of the following:
a. A new automatic cleaning system that walks along your pool floor cleaning while you sleep or while you swim.
b. Mobile controls that provide you with the ability to control your pool equipment such as lighting, heating, spa operation, music, security, all from your mobile phone or tablet!
Whatever you decide, a major pool remodel or a quick addition of a fun colorful seating area, we hope your season of Living Poolside is filled with memory making moments you will enjoy for a lifetime!
Source: MPG Blog Living Poolside